For those nights when everyone has to eat at a different time, simply set out the components of this meal-in-one, and let the gang make their own. If you can’t find poblano chiles, use canned green chiles instead.
- 1 tsp. plus 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 poblano chile, cut into long, thin strips
- 6 oz. Mexican-flavored ground soy "meat"
- 1 15.5-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5-oz. can hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup prepared salsa, plus more for drizzling
- 1 Tbs. chili powder, or to taste
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Heat 1 tsp. oil in skillet over medium heat, and sauté poblano strips 1 minute, or until golden. Transfer to small plate.
Heat remaining 2 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat, and add soy “meat,” beans, hominy, salsa, chili powder and lime juice. Cook 7 minutes, or until sauce is thick.
Meanwhile, warm tortillas on skillet or griddle over medium heat or in microwave. Place tortillas on individual serving plates. Put 1 lettuce leaf on each tortilla, spoon filling mixture onto lettuce leaves, garnish with poblano strips and cheese, and serve.
- Calories: 336
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 7 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 24 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 920 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g