Frozen bell peppers and onions add loads of flavor to recipes, but their texture can be a little limp. Chopping the veggies into smaller pieces and mixing them with edamame and brown rice solves the problem.
- 2 14.4-oz. pkg. frozen bell pepper stir-fry vegetables, such as Birds Eye
- 1 12-oz. pkg. frozen shelled edamame, such as Seapoint Farms
- 1/2 cup shiitake sesame vinaigrette, such as Annie’s
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
1. Pulse frozen bell pepper stir-fry vegetables in food processor until coarsely chopped.
2. Coat wok or large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add chopped stir-fry vegetables, edamame, 1/4 cup vinaigrette, and ginger, and stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables have thawed and released their juices and most of liquid has evaporated. Add rice and remaining 1/4 cup vinaigrette, and stir-fry 5 minutes more, or until rice and vegetables begin to brown. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 442
- Carbohydrate Content: 55 g
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 281 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g