30 minutes or lessHeres a salad thats hearty and flavorful enough to be considered a meal. Served solo, its also great for lunch.Meal Plan: If you have a big appetite, serve this colorful salad with quick-cooking brown rice and marinated, baked tofu slices. Linger afterward over biscotti and green tea.
- 12-oz. bag frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame)
- 2 (4-oz.) bags baby lettuce mix
- 1 Fuji apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime or lemon juice, optional
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
Cook soybeans in boiling water according to package directions. Drain and cool. In large bowl, combine lettuce, apple slices and golden raisins.
In small bowl, mix together soy sauce, lime or lemon juice and oil. Drizzle over salad, and serve.
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 604 mg