The garlicky olive spread makes this appetizer anything but ordinary. Even your most sophisticated guests will keep having “just one more.”
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 oz. pitted black oil-cured olives (1 heaping cup)
- 6 extra-large eggs, hard-cooked and peeled
- 24 slices whole wheat baguette, cut 1/4-inch thick
- 1 bunch chives cut into 3-inch lengths
Put garlic into feed tube of food processor with processor running, and chop. Add olives, and process to coarse paste, scraping down sides.
Trim off short (yolkless) ends of eggs. Cut each egg crosswise into 4 slices.
To assemble, spread olive paste on each slice of bread. Crisscross 2 chives on top. Set one slice of egg in middle. Press dill sprigs into yolk. Divide among 8 salad plates, or arrange on party platter.
- Calories: 50
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 60 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 95 mg