Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
You’ll get a good dose of protein from these flour-free crêpes. For a delicious alternative to Gruyère cheese that’s also lower in fat, try smoked mozzarella.
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, and sauté 3 minutes. Add spinach, and sauté 3 minutes more, or until wilted. Add tomatoes, and sauté 3 minutes more, or until tomatoes are soft. Stir in 1/4 tsp. pepper and 1/8 tsp. salt. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper and 1/8 tsp. salt in medium bowl. Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-low heat. Pour 1/2 cup egg mixture into pan. Cover, and cook 2 minutes, or until crêpe is just set.
3. Sprinkle 1/4 cheese over crêpe. Spoon 1/4 spinach mixture down center of crêpe. Loosen from pan with rubber spatula, and fold sides over filling.
4. Slide onto plate. Repeat with remaining egg mixture, spinach mixture and cheese to make 4 crêpes.
- Calories 238
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 235 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5.5 g
- Sodium Content 409 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g