This dish makes a hearty meal any time of day. For a special treat, serve with home-fried potatoes and soy sausage.
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. safflower oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb. firm tofu, pressed, drained and crumbled
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- 1 cup cooked fresh spinach leaves, squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup shredded soy mozzarella
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add tofu, sprinkle with turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tofu is heated through and liquid is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir to mix.
To serve, divide mixture among 4 serving plates and pat into an omelet-shaped crescent with spatula. Sprinkle top of each serving with soy mozzarella and parsley. Serve hot.
- Calories: 157
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 109 mg