Doctoring up prepared egg salad with a little extra onion and spice, then serving it in a wrap with asparagus instead of lettuce turns a common sandwich into a signature dish. You can cut the wrap into small rounds and serve as an hors d’oeuvre at a picnic or cookout.
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups prepared egg salad
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 1/4 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 9x11-inch whole-wheat lavash or large whole-wheat tortillas
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towel, and chop into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Set aside.
Combine egg salad, onion and paprika in bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Place 1 lavash on work surface. Top with half of egg salad mixture, leaving 1-inch border around edges. Sprinkle with half of asparagus. Roll up bread. Repeat with remaining ingredients, slice, and serve.
- Calories: 339
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Cholesterol Content: 218 mg
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 205 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g