Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Pankaj Pradhan, chef-owner of the Red Lentil restaurant in Watertown, Mass., drew on his varied culinary experiences to create this recipe. “I wanted to give a little zing to an eggless salad for the restaurant and played around with the spices,” he says. On warm, sunny days, Pradhan serves the salad over mesclun greens. Recipe courtesy of Red Lentil.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Press tofu slabs between two cutting boards 15 minutes to remove excess water. Pat dry, and place in baking dish.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, cider vinegar, rice vinegar, maple syrup, and garlic in bowl. Pour soy sauce mixture over tofu. Bake 15 minutes. Cool.
3. To assemble salad, crumble baked tofu in bowl. Stir in all remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories 234
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 330 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g