30 minutes or fewer
This gorgeous salad makes an elegant light meal with some whole-grain sourdough bread. To serve as an appetizer course for 8 people, reduce the cheese to 4 oz.
- 2 large eggplants (about 1 1/2 lb. each), trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 6-oz. jar sliced oil-packed roasted red peppers, oil drained and reserved
- 6 to 8 cups mixed spring greens, as desired
- 8 oz. regular or soy mozzarella, cubed
- 1/4 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette, or more to taste
Brush eggplant slices on both sides with reserved oil from roasted peppers, and place on baking sheets. Sprinkle lightly with salt to taste. Broil 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until tender and lightly browned. Remove eggplant slices from baking sheets, and cool slightly.
Arrange eggplant slices on individual serving plates. Top each with mixed greens. Arrange mozzarella and roasted red pepper slices over greens, and sprinkle each serving with 1 Tbs. balsamic vinaigrette. Serve.
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 45 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 310 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g