A fast Spanish tomato sauce is a healthy alternative to hollandaise. Try garnishing your eggs with grated Cheddar.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 1 15-oz. can finely diced tomatoes
- 8 to 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 Tbs. vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins, split
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
Heat oil in pan over medium. Add bell pepper and onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes; simmer 10 minutes. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
Fill pot with 2 inches water. Add vinegar, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low. Crack one egg into bowl, then pour into pot. Repeat with remaining eggs, and poach 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon.
Meanwhile, toast muffins, then put a few avocado slices on each half. Top each with an egg and 1/4 cup sauce, and serve.
- Calories: 271
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 221 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 489 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g