- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 4 cups finely shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 3 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into even-size pieces
Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine milk, green onions and kale. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Drain potatoes and mash thoroughly with butter. Gradually beat in milk mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve right away.
- Calories: 323
- Carbohydrate Content: 58 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 124 mg