Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Cooking the frozen edamame and grated carrots in the same pot as the noodles saves both cooking and cleaning-up time. For real speed and ease, pick up some store-bought sesame-shiitake dressing for the noodles, and skip making the dressing.
1. To make Dressing: Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and 2 Tbs. water in bowl. Set aside.
2. To make Noodles: Bring large pot of water to boil. Add noodles, and cook 5 minutes less than minimum recommended cooking time on package. Add edamame and carrots, and continue cooking until noodles are tender. (If noodles cook in 5 minutes, add all ingredients at once.) Drain.
3. Return mixture to pot. Stir in watercress, green onions, sesame seeds and Dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories 452
- Carbohydrate Content 60 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 740 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g