This entrée gathers the tail end of summer's bounty in a flavorful vegetable composition. For dessert, keep it light with a bowl of sliced apples and pears tossed with lemon juice and a hint of cinnamon.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter or soy margarine
- 2 Vidalia or other sweet onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 long green chiles such as Anaheim, thinly sliced
- 6 oz. soy "chicken" strips
- 1 cup shredded soy cheese for garnish
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat, and add oil and butter. When hot, add onion slices, and sauté until translucent. Reduce heat to medium.
Add corn kernels, garlic, tomatoes and green chiles, and sauté 10 minutes, or until tomatoes become pulpy. Season with salt and pepper. Using long-handled spoon, scoop vegetables onto large plate.
Add soy “chicken” strips to skillet, season with seasoning salt and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly golden. Remove from skillet, place on top of vegetables and garnish with cheese before serving.
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 430 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g