English Muffin Panini with Goat Cheese and Tomato
Humboldt Fog and Bûcheron de chèvre cheese are round goat cheeses with the same diameter as an English muffin.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 3 Tbs. prepared pesto
- 4 oz. Humboldt Fog goat cheese or Bucheron de chevre, sliced into 4 rounds
- 4 large tomato slices
- 8 leaves radicchio
1. Spread toasted side of each English muffin half with pesto. Spread cheese or lay cheese round over 4 English muffin halves; top with tomato slices, radicchio, and remaining English muffin halves.
2. Place sandwiches in skillet or grill pan, and weight with sandwich press or a smaller-diameter saucepan weighted with 1 or 2 cans. Cook 2 minutes, remove weight, flip panini, replace weight, and cook 2 minutes more. (Or cook 4 minutes in panini maker.)
- Serving Size 1 sandwich
- Calories 296
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 24 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 479 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g