Best when peaches are at their prime, this refreshingly chilled soup is both light and delicate, depending on the peachs succulent flavor for its success.
- 2 cantaloupes
- 1 peach, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1/2 cup Rhine, White Zinfandel or other fruity wine
- 4 Tbs. toasted pine nuts for garnish
- 1 cup raspberries for garnish
Slice cantaloupes in half crosswise, leaving flat ends intact. Scoop out seeds, and remove flesh from both melons, leaving an inner layer. Use flesh from 1/2 melon only, reserving remainder for another use.
Place melon flesh, peach, peach nectar, wine and lime juice in blender, and process until smooth. Pour into container, and refrigerate until chilled.
To serve, pour about 1 cup soup into each melon half, and garnish with pine nuts, raspberries and mint leaves.
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 30 mg
- Sugar Content: 33 g