When summer tomatoes are so good that they need no embellishment, try them in this simple, refreshing starter. It's a tasty way to use up fast-ripening tomatoes, and the soup will keep for up to three days in the fridge.
- 4 cups diced beefsteak, cherry, or heirloom tomatoes, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs. agave nectar
- 1/2 cup basil, sliced into thin strips
1. Blend 3 cups tomatoes, oil, agave nectar, and 2 cups water in blender until smooth.
2. Pour soup into 4 bowls. Top each serving with ¼ cup diced tomatoes and 2 Tbs. basil.
- Calories: 178
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g