Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. To make Tofu Croutons: Preheat oven to 350F. Bake tofu 20 minutes. When dry, cut into crouton-sized cubes.
2. Beat egg in small bowl. Combine flour, garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper in separate bowl. Dip tofu cubes in egg, and dust with flour mixture.
3. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Sauté tofu cubes about 10 minutes, until golden and crispy on all sides. Cool.
4. To make Salad Dressing: Combine all ingredients in nonreactive pot. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, until sugar dissolves. Transfer to cruet. Let cool.
5. To make Spinach Salad: Place all ingredients in large serving bowl. Add half of dressing, toss well, garnish with croutons.
ALSO PER SERVING: 154 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 3 IU vitamin D; 0.4 mcg vitamin b12; 1 mg zinc
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 44 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 746 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g