Its the fixings that make fajitas so appealing. Other accompaniments you can include are grated cheese, guacamole, chopped lettuce and finely diced onions. Adapted from Vegetarian Grilling by Andrea Chesman.
Chipotle Sour Cream
- 1 cup sour cream (regular or nonfat)
- 2 tsp. canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 2 medium red, yellow and/or green bell peppers, cut into thin strips (3 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1 to 2 mild chiles, such as poblano, cut into thin strips (1 3/4 cups)
- 2 Tbs. canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
To make Chipotle Sour Cream: In small bowl, mix all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate. (Can be prepared up to 1 day ahead.)
Preheat oven to 350F. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in oven about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine onions, bell peppers, zucchini, chiles, chipotles, lime juice, salt and pepper and mix until well combined. In large skillet, heat 1 Tbs. oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables in batches and cook, stirring often and adding more oil as needed, until tender.
Serve warmed tortillas, Chipotle Sour Cream, cooked vegetables, salsa and lime wedges at the table, allowing each person to assemble his or her own fajitas.
- Calories: 289
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 544 mg