Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Pasta in a packet! Al cartoccio is the Italian term for en papillote. For extra-nice marinated artichokes (and olives) at a reasonable price, check the olive bar at upscale grocery stores.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 15-inch lengths of parchment paper, and fold each in half. Set aside.
2. Whisk together ricotta, chives, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain, and toss with 1 tsp. oil.
3. Open folded parchment sheets like a book, and spread heaping 1/2 cup pasta to one side of crease on each sheet. Top each serving with 3 Tbs. ricotta mixture, 8 artichoke slices, 6 cherry tomato halves, 4 black olives, 1 1/2 tsp. sliced green olives (if using), and 1 tsp. oil. Fold parchment over food so edges meet, then crimp and seal edges with small overlapping diagonal folds (see “Classic French Fold,” below).
4. Transfer packets to large baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
- Calories 253
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 14 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 167 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g