A hint of dried tarragon brings out the flavors of browned onion slices and steamed broccoli.
- 1 large onion
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling, optional
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 8 oz. dry farfalle pasta (2 cups)
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
1. Cut onion into 8 wedges. Cut each wedge into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 10 minutes, or until browned. Add 1 cup water and tarragon, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until most of liquid has evaporated.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli 3 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain broccoli and pasta, and add to onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and drizzle with olive oil, if using.
- Calories: 296
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.5 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 19 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g