Vegan 30 minutes or fewer
Fennel and fresh herbs turn two cans of tomatoes into a light, luscious, no-cook pasta sauce. Pernod is an anise-flavored liqueur that brings out the licorice notes in fresh fennel.
- 1 lb. farfalle pasta
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tbs. chopped chives
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. Pernod or pastis, optional
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Combine tomatoes, chives, parsley, garlic and thyme in warmed serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and fold in fennel. Add olive oil and Pernod, if desired. Toss with pasta, and serve.
- Calories: 399
- Carbohydrate Content: 71 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 339 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g