1. Combine corn kernels, milk, and crushed garlic in saucepan. Run back of knife down cobs to release milk and pulp into saucepan, then add cobs to pan. Bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat, and let steep.
2. Heat butter and 1 Tbs. oil in Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add leeks, cover, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic and paprika, and cook 30 seconds. Stir in sherry, and cook 30 seconds. Add 4 cups water, and remove pot from heat.
3. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes, and sauté 8 minutes, or until browned; transfer to Dutch oven. Add remaining 1 Tbs. oil to same skillet, add green beans, and sauté 3 minutes. Transfer beans to plate.
4. Bring mixture in Dutch oven to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes. Add green beans, and cook 4 minutes more.
5. Strain milk mixture, and discard corncobs and garlic. Stir milk mixture and 1 Tbs. cilantro into chowder. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 80 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g