The flavor of this dish depends on the quality of the vegetables you include. You can use just about any combination of fresh vegetables you like, just be sure to select the ingredients based on what looks best.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lb. green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 to 2 Tbs. chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, oregano or rosemary
- 1/2 cup crumbled cheese, such as feta, goat or blue (optional)
In large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add onion, garlic, zucchini and green beans and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add broth and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
Add corn, tomatoes and herbs. Cover and cook over medium heat just until potatoes are tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Calories: 183
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 142 mg