Don't be surprised by the batter-like consistency of this speedy dough. It will be very thin and needs to be spread with a spatula or spoon, but once baked, the dough crisps up just like a regular pizza crust.
- 1 0.25-oz pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 Tbs. sugar or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup almond flour or chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour, such as Cream Hill Estates Lara's Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 2 tsp. guar gum or xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line small baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Stir yeast and sugar into 11/2 cups warm water. Let stand 5 minutes, or until liquid is cloudy and bubbly.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, brown rice flour, oat flour, guar gum, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Stir yeast mixture into flour mixture. Stir in oil. Dough will have consistency of thick muffin batter.
4. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet. Spread dough into thin crust as you would icing on cake, using metal spatula. Top with desired toppings. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown and toppings begin to bubble and brown.
- Calories: 92
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 128 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g