Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This hearty Vietnamese soup is prepared by pouring a fragrant broth over noodles, vegetables, and fresh herbs so that they release their flavors and aromas. It’s a no-brainer way to transform leftover noodles and vegetables into a satisfying second-day meal.
1. Combine broth and star anise in large saucepan, and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Add Noodles and Vegetables and Sesame Dipping Sauce to broth, and bring to a simmer.
3. Divide soup among bowls. Top with bean sprouts, basil, and mint. Serve with lime wedges and chile sauce, if using.
- Calories 179
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 496 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g