- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leek, white and light green parts only, washed
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 4 cups sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh spearmint leaves
Heat oil over medium heat in saucepan, and sauté leeks until soft. Add stock, fennel bulb and salt. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until fennel is very tender, about 40 minutes.
Remove from heat, and stir in mint leaves. Purée in 3 batches in blender until very smooth, taking care to prevent hot soup from splashing when turning on blender. Return soup to saucepan, and season with added salt, if needed. Serve hot or chilled with drizzle of crème fraîche.
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 340 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g