A dressing made with Greek yogurt and Parmesan cheese offers tart-and-creamy satisfaction with much less fat than a typical ranch-style dressing. Wait until the last minute to stir the beets into the salad—this will prevent the whole dish from turning pink.
- 3 Tbs. 2% Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs. finely chopped chives or green onion
- 1 7-oz. bag romaine blend salad greens
- 1 large head fennel, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cooked beets, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick-half-moons
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick-rounds
1. To make Dressing: Blend yogurt, Parmesan, vinegar, oil, and brown sugar in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and stir in chives.
2. To assemble Salad: Toss salad greens and fennel with 3 Tbs. dressing in large bowl. Toss beets with remaining Dressing in small bowl. Just before serving, stir beets into salad. Break up orange slices into bite-size pieces, sprinkle atop salad, and serve.
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 134 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g