Low-fat whipped cottage cheese lends a rich texture to this crustless quiche. The recipe can be made up to a day ahead, and reheated just before serving.
- 1 medium fennel bulb, quartered and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers (2 large peppers), rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 8 oz. low-fat whipped cottage cheese, such as Friendship
- 2 oz. low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 oz. fresh goat cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat bottom and sides of 9-inch glass pie dish with cooking spray.
2. Coat large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add fennel and onion, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Stir in garlic, and cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in roasted peppers, and remove skillet from heat. Cool 10 minutes.
3. Whisk eggs with cottage, Cheddar, and goat cheeses. Stir vegetable mixture into egg mixture. Pour into prepared pie dish. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until center is set and top is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Calories: 131
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 146 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 307 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g