Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Low-fat whipped cottage cheese lends a rich texture to this crustless quiche. The recipe can be made up to a day ahead, and reheated just before serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat bottom and sides of 9-inch glass pie dish with cooking spray.
2. Coat large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add fennel and onion, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Stir in garlic, and cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in roasted peppers, and remove skillet from heat. Cool 10 minutes.
3. Whisk eggs with cottage, Cheddar, and goat cheeses. Stir vegetable mixture into egg mixture. Pour into prepared pie dish. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until center is set and top is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Calories 131
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 146 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 307 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g