Try these potatoes with chili powder, herbes de Provence, or Italian seasoning in place of the fennel.
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes, each cut into 8 thick wedges (11/2 lb.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potato wedges, and cook 5 to 6 minutes. Drain, and pat dry.
2. Meanwhile, toast fennel seeds in small dry skillet 3 to 4 minutes, or until fragrant, shaking skillet often. Crush seeds with mortar and pestle or in spice or coffee grinder until ground to fine powder; combine with onion powder and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Toss potatoes with olive oil. Spread on plate, and sprinkle all over with fennel seed mixture. Season with pepper.
4. Heat grill to high. Rub grill grates with canola oil. Place potatoes on grill, close lid, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until seared and easy to turn. Flip potatoes, close grill, and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, or until potatoes are crisp. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serving Size: 4 wedges
- Calories: 117
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 395 mg