30 minutes or fewer
Fresh mint takes on a very different flavor when it’s cooked—it tastes a bit like oregano, which is also a member of the mint family. These light appetizers can be assembled ahead of time, then broiled just before serving.
- 2 medium-size zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 roasted red peppers from jar, drained, rinsed and chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup crumbed feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts
Scoop out centers of zucchini slices, leaving ¼-inch-thick shell. Steam 4 minutes, or until just tender. Set in baking pan.
Toss together red peppers, feta, mint and pine nuts in bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Preheat broiler. Spoon filling into zucchini cups, mounding slightly. Broil 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Calories: 53
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 181 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g