If a few bites of these fiery peppers get your palms sweaty and your heart pumping, chalk it up to capsaicin—the ingredient that gives chiles their heat. “Hot peppers are a significant vasodilator, enhancing circulation to the small and large blood vessels,” says Chris Kilham, author of
Hot Plants: Nature’s Proven Sex Boosters for Men and Women. Result: a circulation surge that primes organs for romance. Find Peppadews in jars in the pickle section of the canned food aisle or at supermarket olive bars.
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- 24 Peppadews, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 Tbs. crumbled feta cheese, divided
Slide 1 mint leaf into cavity of 1 Peppadew. Fill with 1 or 2 cucumber cubes, then stuff with 1/2 tsp. crumbled feta. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
- Calories: 14
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1 mg
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 38 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g