There's no better way to showcase ripe, juicy summer tomatoes than with this sauce. Seeding the tomatoes takes only a minute or two and makes all the difference. It keeps the sauce sweet—the seeds can be slightly acidic—and prevents it from becoming too watery.
- 2 1/2 lb. ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbs. brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. thinly sliced basil
- 1 Tbs. chopped chives
- 1 Tbs. minced Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 lb. fettuccine
1. Combine tomatoes, rice syrup, vinegar, basil, chives, parsley and garlic in large serving bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
3. Toss pasta with sauce. Season to taste with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with basil sprigs, and serve.
- Calories: 343
- Carbohydrate Content: 69 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 215 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g