Make this delectable recipe even more tempting by using a box of green and white fettuccine.
- 12-oz. dried fettuccine
- 2 Tbs. soy margarine
- 3 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 12.3-oz. pkg. soft silken tofu
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk or soy milk
- 1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears) or thawed frozen corn or drained canned
- 1 to 2 fresh hot chilies, minced, or 4- to 7-oz. can chopped mild green chilies
- 1 tsp. salt
Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine; stir to prevent sticking. Cook until fettuccine is just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small skillet, melt margarine over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and discard garlic.
In food processor, combine tofu, milk 1/3 cup Parmesan and melted margarine from skillet. Process until smooth and creamy.
Drain fettuccine well and return to cooking pot. Add tofu mixture and toss to coat, then stir in corn, chilies and salt. Warm through over low heat, stirring occasionally. Season with freshly ground pepper and toss again. Serve at once, passing additional Parmesan to sprinkle on top.
- Calories: 328
- Carbohydrate Content: 59 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 392 mg