Make this delectable recipe even more tempting by using a box of green and white fettuccine. If using fresh corn on the cob, quickly cook them by placing ears of corn in a covered casserole with a small amount of water and microwave on high for 10 minutes.Meal Plan: Serve with fresh bread and sautéed zucchini.
- 3/4 lb. fettuccine
- 2 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 12 oz. silken tofu
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk or soy milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for topping
- 2 cups cooked fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears, if available) or thawed, frozen corn
- 1 to 2 fresh hot chilies, minced, or 4- to 7-oz. can chopped mild green chilies
- 1 tsp. salt
Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccine, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook fettuccine according to package directions, or until just tender.
Meanwhile, in small skillet, over low heat, melt butter. Increase heat to medium, add garlic, and cook, stirring often, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside; discard garlic.
In food processor, combine tofu, milk, 1/3 cup cheese and melted butter from skillet. Process until smooth and creamy.
Drain fettuccine well and return to cooking pot. Add tofu mixture and toss to coat, then stir in corn, chilies and salt. Warm over low heat, stirring occasionally. Season with freshly ground pepper and toss again. Serve hot, passing additional Parmesan to sprinkle on top.
- Calories: 450
- Carbohydrate Content: 71 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 694 mg