This slaw gets a smoky kick from canned chipotle chiles.
- 3 raw beets, peeled and shredded (3 cups)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, shredded (1 cup)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbs. olive oil 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. agave nectar or 2 Tbs. sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Toss together beets, apple, and green onions in bowl.
2. Blend vinegar, oil, mustard, agave nectar, garlic, chipotle chile, and salt in food processor until smooth. Add to beet mixture, and toss to coat.
- Calories: 108
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 336 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g