This stir-fry takes minutes to prepare, and pairs well with Asian entrées.
- 1 8-oz. bunch curly or Lacinato kale, stems removed
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 Tbs. thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. low-sodium tamari sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbs. dry-roasted, unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
1. Stack 4 kale leaves, and roll stack lengthwise into cylinder, then finely slice. Repeat with remaining kale leaves.
2. Heat wok over high heat; add oil, and swirl to coat wok. Add kale and carrot, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add ginger and garlic, and stir-fry 15 seconds. Add tamari and sugar, and stir-fry 15 seconds more. Serve sprinkled with peanuts.
- Calories: 91
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 143 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g