Fork-and-Knife Roasted Vegetables
Winter squash, cauliflower, mushrooms, and Brussels sprouts make a colorful roasted vegetable assortment that’s enhanced with a little sweetness and spice.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Winter squash, cauliflower, mushrooms, and Brussels sprouts make a colorful roasted vegetable assortment that’s enhanced with a little sweetness and spice. The food stylist used colorful cauliflower varieties and heirloom squash for even richer hues. Spoon the vegetables into the Holiday Bread Cornucopia or pile on a platter, and serve with the Essence-of-Thanksgiving Gravy.
- 2 small acorn squash, 1 small kabocha, or 1 red kuri squash (skin left on), cut into 3-inch wedges (3 lb.)
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into large florets (1 lb.)
- 24 cremini or button mushrooms (12 oz.)
- 8 oz. Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 small onions, cut into quarters, stem ends left intact
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. spicy seasoning mix, such as barbecue rub or Cajun seasoning
1 | Preheat oven to 350°F; line two baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
2 | Toss together squash, cauliflower, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, and onions with 1/4 cup oil. Spread on prepared baking sheets, and roast 10 to 15 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown. Flip vegetables with tongs, and roast 10 to 15 minutes more.
3 | Stir together remaining 1/4 cup oil, honey, vinegar, and garlic.
4 | Remove baking sheets from oven. Flip vegetables, and daub with honey mixture, sprinkle with seasoning mix, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Return vegetables to oven, and roast 5 minutes. Flip vegetables once more, daub with honey mixture, and sprinkle with seasoning mix. Roast 5 minutes more, or until glistening and browned.
- Calories 229
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 100 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g