Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. Slice tops off bell peppers, and scoop out seeds and veins. Chop flesh from tops, and set aside to add to cooked pasta, if desired.
2. Cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain, and reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Rinse spaghetti under hot water, and drain again.
3. Place peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, and agave nectar in large bowl. Whisk in reserved 1/2 cup hot pasta cooking water until mixture is smooth. Stir in spaghetti until coated with sauce. Fold in cucumber (if using), tomatoes, green onions, and red pepper flakes (if using); add chopped bell pepper, if desired.
4. Cut 6 mouth shapes from 1/2-inch-thick cheese slices with small knife or round cutter. Cut 12 small dots (for eyes) from 1/4-inch-thick cheese slices with plastic straw.
5. Adhere mouths and eyes to sides of bell pepper bowls with dabs of peanut butter. Cut nori into pupils, eyebrows, and teeth, and adhere to faces with peanut butter. Fill each pepper with spaghetti mixture, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 329
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 22 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 366 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g