Fregola is a small pasta from Sardinia with a nutty flavor. You can also substitute rotini or Israeli couscous.
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 11/2 Tbs. minced fresh oregano
- 1 cup fregola pasta
- 3 red bell peppers, quartered
- 3 yellow squash, cut into cubes
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed
- 6 oz. ricotta salata, thinly shaved
1. Heat 1/2 cup oil with garlic in small skillet over medium heat until garlic is lightly browned. Transfer oil and garlic to bowl. Whisk balsamic vinegar and oregano into garlic oil in bowl.
2. Cook fregola in boiling, salted water 14 minutes. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water. Add fregola and reserved cooking water to garlic mixture.
3. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium. Brush peppers with oil, and grill 5 minutes, turning once. Transfer to cutting board, and slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Add to fregola in bowl.
4. Brush squash with olive oil, and grill 4 minutes, or until softened, turning once. Transfer squash to cutting board, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Add squash to fregola in bowl.
5. Drizzle kale with oil, and grill 2 minutes, or until wilted and slightly charred. Transfer to cutting board, and coarsely chop. Add to fregola in bowl. Stir in ricotta salata, and season with salt and pepper.
- Calories: 377
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 23.5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 571 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g