Chop up ripe tomatoes and add them to this tasty salad. Leftover lentil salad makes a great lunch the next day.Menu plan: Serve the lentils on a bed of mixed baby greens drizzled with an olive oil vinaigrette.
- 2 cups dried French green lentils
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
Bring large pot of water and lentils to a boil. Cook lentils until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain any excess water. Transfer lentils to large serving bowl.
Add carrots, bell pepper, olives, parsley and garlic, and stir well.
Stir in balsamic vinegar and walnuts, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle oil over salad to taste.
- Calories: 379
- Carbohydrate Content: 56 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 26 g
- Protein Content: 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 202 mg