Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
If you’ve never tried roasted radishes—or radish greens—here’s your chance.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line small baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Separate greens from radish roots. Quarter radishes, and divide into two equal portions. Wash and trim 4 cups radish leaves. Cover leaves with damp towel, and chill until ready to use.
3. Remove 1 tsp. zest from lemon, and set aside. Cut lemon in half lengthwise. Cut 1 lemon half into 8 slices. Squeeze juice from remaining lemon half.
4. Toss lemon slices with half of radish wedges, 1 Tbs. oil, and agave nectar; season with salt, if desired. Spread on prepared baking sheet, and roast 20 to 25 minutes, or until radishes are shriveled and lemon slices are darkened. (Discard any burned lemon slices.)
5. Whisk together remaining 2 Tbs. oil, crystallized ginger, 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. lemon juice, and reserved lemon zest in small bowl; sprinkle with kosher salt, if using. Pour 2 Tbs. dressing over remaining raw radish wedges, and let stand 15 to 20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
6. Toss roasted radishes and lemon slices with raw radishes. Toss greens with remaining dressing. Arrange radishes and lemon slices over bed of greens, and drizzle remaining dressing over top. Garnish with almonds and herbs.
- Calories 152
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 9 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g