Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
A crumbly homemade nut crust sets this tart apart from other berry pies. It can be made up to three days ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.
1. To make Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch tart pan with cooking spray. Spread nuts on baking sheet, and toast in oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until browned.
2. Pulse nuts, flour, sugar, and salt in food processor until nuts are ground to powder. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolk, and pulse until moist clumps form. Press dough into bottom and sides of prepared pan, about 1/4-inch thick, and pierce with fork. Freeze 30 minutes.
3. Adjust oven temperature to 400°F. Bake Crust 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden. Cool.
4. To make Filling: whisk together sour cream, yogurt, brown sugar, vanilla, and orange zest in small bowl. Toss berries with orange juice in separate bowl.
5. Spread sour cream mixture in Crust with spatula. Spoon berries over top a little at a time, until sour cream mixture is evenly covered. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
- Calories 288
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 58 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 87 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g