Nothing says summer like corn. Here, kernels are heated just enough to lose their raw taste, then mixed into a chunky salsa verde. Try the mixture stirred into mashed avocado for instant guacamole.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatillos, husked and chopped (8–10 tomatillos)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 6 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbs. chopped jalapeño chile with seeds
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1. Place tomatillos in small glass bowl, cover, and microwave 2 minutes on high power, or until softened and saucy. Spread in pie dish. Transfer to freezer for 10 minutes to cool quickly.
2. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add corn, and sauté 2 minutes, or until corn is crisp-tender. Spread out on large plate. Transfer to freezer 10 minutes to cool quickly.
3. Combine cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice in medium bowl. Mix in tomatillo sauce and corn. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 44
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 6 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g