No Mexican dinner table would be complete without a bowl of fresh salsa. This stand-out is the real thing—and it couldn’t be easier to make. Serve it with any of the quesadilla recipes.
- 3 red plum tomatoes, or 3 large green tomatillos, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chile with seeds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice, to taste (about 1 lime)
Pulse all ingredients in food processor several times until thoroughly combined but still somewhat chunky. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 16
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 150 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g