The pasta in this dish isn’t really fried—it’s sautéed with skillet-toasted breadcrumbs. For a bigger meal, top with roasted vegetables or grilled tofu.
- 10 oz. bucatini or perciatelli
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (5 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup dried Italian-style seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs. freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tbs. capers, drained
1. Cook bucatini according to package directions. Drain.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts, and cook 3 minutes, or until browned and toasted. Transfer to plate.
3. Wipe out skillet, add oil and garlic, and heat over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in breadcrumbs and red pepper flakes, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until breadcrumbs begin to brown. Add bucatini and parsley, and cook 2 minutes more, tossing with tongs. Transfer to bowl, and toss with capers and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 315
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 209 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g