Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The pasta in this dish isn’t really fried—it’s sautéed with skillet-toasted breadcrumbs. For a bigger meal, top with roasted vegetables or grilled tofu.
1. Cook bucatini according to package directions. Drain.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts, and cook 3 minutes, or until browned and toasted. Transfer to plate.
3. Wipe out skillet, add oil and garlic, and heat over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in breadcrumbs and red pepper flakes, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until breadcrumbs begin to brown. Add bucatini and parsley, and cook 2 minutes more, tossing with tongs. Transfer to bowl, and toss with capers and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories 315
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 209 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g