Kalamata olives plus red wine vinegar, garlic, and fresh parsley add up to a bold dressing that complements the assertive greens.
- 6 Tbs. sliced almonds
- 4 cups trimmed frisee leaves (12 oz.)
- 2 heads Belgian endive (8 oz.), leaves thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cut in thin, 3-inch-long strips
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley
To make Salad: Toast almonds in heavy-bottomed small skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden. Set aside.
Combine frisée, endive and celery in large bowl; toss to mix.
To make Vinaigrette: Put olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper to taste in blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Add olives and parsley, and pulse to combine.
Add dressing to greens, and toss well. Divide salad among serving plates, and sprinkle each with almonds.
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 189 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g