This dessert tastes particularly good after a rich meal when you want something sweet, but not too heavy. There are endless variations to try with different ice creams, toppings, and syrups.
- 25 chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 qt. low-fat coffee ice cream
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat chocolate syrup, warmed
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Pulse cookies to fine crumbs in food processor. Transfer to bowl, and stir in butter. Press into 9-inch pie pan, packing crumbs evenly across bottom and up sides. Bake 8 minutes, then cool.
Soften ice cream 30 minutes in refrigerator. Spread in cooled piecrust. Sprinkle with peanuts, cover with foil, and freeze until firm. Slice, and serve drizzled with chocolate sauce.
- Calories: 351
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 27 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 246 mg
- Sugar Content: 38 g