Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
A lightly sweetened vanilla yogurt is prepared over fruit preserves for a stir-in option. For best results, choose preserves that aren’t too firm.
1. Heat milk to scalding point (170°F; 77°C) in saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Whisk in skim milk powder, if using. Remove from heat, and stir in honey and vanilla. Cool 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until milk temperature reaches 110° to 120°F (44° to 49°C) on instant-read thermometer, stirring once or twice.
2. Spoon 1 Tbs. preserves into each empty yogurt cup.
3. Whisk together yogurt and 1/2 cup milk mixture in bowl. Whisk yogurt mixture into remaining milk mixture. Pour into cups over preserves, and place in yogurt maker. Set timer for 8 hours. Check 1 container after 8 hours; if yogurt has reached desired texture, remove cups from yogurt maker. If not, replace test cup, and ferment 1 to 2 hours more. Chill.
- Calories 116
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 7 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 58 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g